My inspiration for this salad came from my cousin Sylvia who brought a similar salad to our cousin get together. It's colourful, crisp and refreshing. Just right for a summer barbeque.
I've used a Greek style dressing but you could use a favourite bottled or homemade vinaigrette.
- 3 or 4 sweet bell peppers - I used 1 green,1 red, 1 yellow and and 1 orange
- 1 small can drained, sliced black olives (you could substitute whole pitted or unpitted olives)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut peppers into lengthwise slices, discarding membranes and seeds.
- Place peppers in a clear glass bowl and add drained black olives and crumbled feta.
- Place dressing ingredients into a jar or salad dressing shaker and blend, shaking well.
- Pour dressing over pepper salad and toss.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.