I have no idea what makes this Chicago's best steak rub but I can vouch that it is good! It is a recipe given to me by a friend many years ago...and is easy to mix up and have on hand during the grilling season.
- 12 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oregano, dried
- 2 Tablespoons basil, dried
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix all ingredients and store in a tightly covered jar.
- Brush steak with olive oil.
- Rub about 1 tablespoon of spice mix onto each steak.
- Allow to sit for about 20 minutes before grilling.
*Note...there is no salt in the mix and you won't miss it!