With it being a civic holiday weekend in Canada today, many people are enjoying a long weekend. I had to post a fabulous BBQ recipe from our recent trip to BC. My longtime childhood friend Irm Nickel made this fabulous meal for us while we were visiting them. I have to admit food made with love by someone else for you always tastes better. I made this steak last night for my husband and son and they really really enjoyed it. Definitely something that will be my go to recipe for steak marinade. Thanks Irm for sharing, and my family thanks you :)
I found this is enough marinade for 6- 6-8oz top sirloin or sirloin strip steaks.
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- two large limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- Mix the above ingredients, and pour over steak that has been placed into a zip lock bag.
- Remove any excess air and massage the marinade around the meat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Prepare the grill by heating the clean grill on high with the lid closed for about 10 minutes. Place the steaks on the grill and grill on medium low heat until desired doneness.