- 2-3 blocks of white cheeses of your choice like cheddar, Swiss and Monterey Jack, sliced
- Marinated Asparagus Spears
- Marinated mushrooms
- Assorted olives
- Pimento for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Crackers or sliced baguette
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, parsley, and garlic and set aside.
- Fill small clear glass bowl or other small bowl with olives and set in center of a round platter.
- Arrange cheeses on edge and asparagus alternating around the platter.
- Arrange marinated mushrooms around the glass bowl of olives.
- Sprinkle pimento on top.
- Whisk the marinade #1 again and sprinkle evenly over the top of the cheeses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
Happy New Year's Eve to all who come by here today!