Love these...I think you might too.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- extra sugar for rolling unbaked cookies in before baking
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2" balls.
- Roll balls in extra sugar, coating with sugar all the way around.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool one minute on pan before removing to cooling rack. They will take on more of a crackle top this way and get slightly crispy.
Yields 2 1/2 dozen large cookies.
**You can make the balls smaller to get more cookies, but then adjust the baking time down to 10 minutes.**