I first posted this recipe in 2010. I've been making this appetizer which is perfect to take along to a pot luck for so many years, that I would almost consider it a vintage recipe.
You can use purchased salsa and guacamole to put it together quickly or you can use some of the larger recipes of my favourite fresh salsa and guacamole which I am linking in the ingredient list.
- 1 - 250 gram / 8 ounce light or regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small can black sliced olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cheese
- Mix together softened cream cheese with sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture into a 9 X 13 pan and then the remaining ingredients as listed.
- Refrigerate until serving time and serve with tortilla chips.