What's better than chocolate? Chocolate with a bit of spice! I know you can hardly see the chocolate pudding but it's there in the cup, under the whipped cream and raspberries! We all know what chocolate pudding looks like so this is more about the taste..that 'hint of spice' and about presentation.
A few weeks ago I invited a few blogging friends for lunch, Char (mgcc), Susan (Mom's Recipe Collection) and Jeanine (Faithfully Gluten Free)..they came bearing gifts, don't you just love when that happens:) This cute cup and saucer is a gift from Susan. We got to talking and since I served chocolate pudding for dessert we all thought this would be a great little cup to serve pudding in and it was suggested for a future post. And here it is.
This pudding paired up with coconut rolls is just perfect!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk..you can use regular milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large microwave safe bowl whisk together brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, cinnamon, chili powder, coconut milk, and heavy cream.
- Cook in microwave for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Now if you don't like the 'skin' that forms on hot pudding, press plastic wrap directly on the pudding to prevent that. I like the 'skin' that forms on the pudding so I leave out this step.
- Pour into serving dishes and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a few raspberries.
- Here's an idea: If you want to turn the spice up a notch sprinkle a few grains of cayenne on top.
- Serves: 6