- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg beaten with fork
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- favorite yogurt
- fruit (berries, mango, kiwi, banana . . .)
- toasted coconut
- Grease 12 regular size or 6 - 8 giant muffin tins. Set aside.
- Melt butter, stir in honey and egg. Be sure butter is not hot.
- In large mixing bowl, mix oats and nuts, coconut, seeds, extract and salt.
- Stir in butter, honey and egg mix. With wet hands, shape into 12 golf ball size balls and press into bottom and sides of muffin tins. Adjust size according to size of shells to be made.
- Bake at 325 F for 15 - 18 minutes. Cool and remove from pans.
If I do half the recipe I still use 1 egg, so if you find the total mix still hard to shape, just add another egg. I have also made these tarts by putting half of the oats with the nuts into the blender to pulse into a rough flour-like mix. I found the mix easier to handle and shape but the tarts turned out firmer and more like a bowl to eat out of, to enjoy the crust on it's own.