Here's an easy Saturday lunch idea for you using leftovers. When there is not enough Fajita filling to serve the family again, make up a loaded Quesadilla using Fajita filling!
Serve it for an appetizer or lunch for two.
It's delicious. It's hardly a recipe but sometimes all you need is an idea.
- leftover refried beans, warmed slightly in the microwave
- leftover fajita filling, warmed slightly in the microwave (a combination of steak or chicken, peppers, jalapenos and onions)
- 1 cup grated cheese (Monterey jack or cheddar)
- 2 large tortilla shells
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat. Place one tortilla shell on the pan, arrange fajita mixture over top, cover with second tortilla.
- Heat until the underside is lightly browned. Flip over and heat until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve with salsa and guacamole.