This continues to be one of my favourite desserts. You can make it in tart pans with removable bottoms or make it in a cookie sheet to make it easy to take along for a summer BBQ potluck.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Stir in beaten eggs.
- Press into 10 X 15 inch pan.
- 4 cups of sliced peaches
- 2 teaspoons of tapioca
- Raspberry jam
- Mix together sliced peaches and tapioca.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam over crust and arrange sliced peaches over jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together topping ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool and then refrigerate until serving time.
Serve with whipped cream.