These peppers are as tasty as they are attractive and are a great addition to your summer BBQ.
My sister passed this recipe idea on to me and they've become a summer favourite at our house.
- 3 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- grape tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper
- Feta cheese
- Cut peppers into 3 or 4 sections along indentations so that each piece can be filled.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half. Place in a bowl.
- Chop basil leaves and mince garlic and add to tomatoes with olive oil , salt and pepper.
- Crumble feta cheese into bowl and mix gently.
- Grill pepper pieces, cut side down on medium hot BBQ.
- When they begin to blacken around the edges, turn them over and fill each piece with some of the tomato mixture.
- Continue to grill until tomatoes are heated through and bottom of peppers begin to blacken.
- Remove from grill and serve.