- the French Bread recipe
- pizza or spaghetti sauce
- grated cheese (approx 4 cups)
- a few tablspoons of bacon bits (optional)
- dried basil and oregano (about 1 teaspoon of each)
- Roll out as for French bread. Spread lightly with sauce. Cover with grated cheese, bacon bits, oregano and basil.
- Roll up jelly roll style. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Place on greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cover with tea towel and plastic. Let rise about half an hour or until they look puffy.
- Bake at 375F about 15 min.
Enjoy warm or cold. Good substitute for a quick sandwich.