I make this salad all year round and I'm sure you will too once you taste how scrumptious it is. My sister in law Heidi made it for me the first time and I've loved it ever since.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (you can do a combination of greens that are crisp)
- 1 papaya (skin should be yellow)
- 1 avocado
- red onion slices (to your taste or optional)
Papaya Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of the papaya seeds
- 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of light oil (I use grapeseed but you can use olive or canola)
- 2 green onions chopped up
- Blend the ingredients together until the seeds are ground quite fine but you can still see them.
- Put the dressing into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. You can do this earlier in the day no problem.
- Dice up all the salad ingredients.
- Put the salad on a pretty platter, and pour the dressing on top of it.