Banana Bread is the simplest of quick breads to bake but it can go quite wrong with using either too many bananas or not enough bananas. This is just one recipe of many good recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large 9 X 5 loaf pan with parchment paper. I find that this helps in baking the loaf evenly with not too brown a crust. Give it a spray of Pam.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal (you can also porridge oats that had bran and flax added)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix together these ingredients and set aside
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups of mashed very ripe bananas (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup of fine coconut (optional)
- Cream together the soft butter and brown sugar. You can use a wooden spoon or a mixer for this.
- Add the beaten eggs and the bananas.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients and the optional nuts and coconut.
- Turn the batter into the loaf pan and Bake for 60 minutes. Poke a toothpick in the cracked top and it should come out almost clean.