My husband has had the opportunity to go fishing up in Haida Gwai (Queen Charlotte Islands) in Northern BC for several years running.
He brings back lots of salmon and even some Halibut on occasion.
For Flash Back Friday I'm bringing back a recipe from 2008 that we still enjoy.
Salmon fillets come in all sizes so I've not included any amounts but rather just the ingredients and how to prepare the fish.
- mayonnaise - enough to spread over the entire top surface of the filleted salmon
- lemon pepper - be fairly generous (check the photo if you're not sure)
- freeze dried or fresh dill, finely chopped
- lemon zest if desired
- Prepare a pan for the oven or BBQ grill: Cover pan with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, lightly grease it.
- Place salmon skin side down.
- Spread mayonnaise over the top of the fish, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle with Lemon Pepper, dill and lemon zest.
- Bake or grill fish until done. This may take 15- 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Test it with a fork - if it begins to flake, it is done. Do not overcook salmon or it will be dry.
- When transferring to a serving plate, try to leave the skin on the pan.
Serving suggestion - Serve with Caramelized New Potatoes and grilled or roasted peppers and zucchini.