Two Saturdays ago, it was my granddaughter's birthday and following our family tradition, dinner was at my house !
I served a family favorite, lasagna along with garlic bread and salad. My daughter brought a lovely dessert - cherry cheesecake drizzled with white chocolate.
The garlic bread was a new recipe for me, I was happy that everyone enjoyed it, even the non-Celiac men in my family. .
The following recipe makes 8 mini-loaves.
This bread is quick to make, delicious served warm with garlic butter.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp reg. yeast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 cups julie's mix flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 8 tsp of butter (in pan)
- Heat milk, add sugar and yeast and let proof for 10 minutes
- Melt butter and add crushed garlic cloves.
- In mixer bowl, blend egg, butter/garlic, honey and yeast mixture.
- Blend dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid, mix and then beat on high for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of butter in each of the 8 loaf cups. (spray pan or lightly grease, before adding butter)
- Divide dough between the 8 loaves (about 1/2 full)
- Smooth tops with wet fingers.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese over the tops.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1/2 hour.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let sit in pan for a few minutes, remove and serve warm with garlic butter.
(loaves can also be enjoyed cool, or reheated)