For the Crostini:
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil (or olive oil, I like the lightness of grape seed oil)
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- fine black pepper
- spreadable cream cheese, to use when assembling
- Cut baguette into 1/4" slices, cut on the diagonal
- Lightly brush one side of each slice with oil.
- Top with a light dusting of salt and pepper
- Bake in 350º oven for 10 minutes. Check and rotate pan. Bake another 5 minutes until crostini's are golden but not dark. They will be very crispy on both sides.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Pomegranate Cranberry Topping:
- 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp hot sauce, Sriracha or Sambal Oelek
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- zest of one small orange
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Place all ingredients except for pomegranate arils in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse your machine slowly until mixture is chopped but not pureed. You want some chunks of the fruit and also to be able to see little specks of the parsley throughout.
- Stir in the pomegranate arils.
- Allow this mixture to sit in the refrigerator for several hours. It will last well for a few days in the refrigerator.
To assemble Bruschetta just before serving:
- Spread each crostini with spreadable cream cheese.
- Top with a spoonful of the topping.
- Sprinkle each with a few more arils.
- Garnish with grated orange rind.