With so much choice in greens today, I tend to mostly use dark leafy greens for my salads, but here we have a refreshing salad using iceberg lettuce with an easy Thousand Island dressing. It makes a nice appetizer.
Ingredients for four servings:
- 1 head lettuce, cut into quarter wedges
- 2 - 3 chopped tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp crumbled bacon pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp red pepper or hot pepper (hamburger) relish
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Mix dressing ingredients according to personal taste (less or more of each ingredient) and divide over lettuce wedges.
- Top with tomatoes, bacon and chives.