I know new potatoes are usually a springtime treat.
But lately, I've found small potatoes available almost year round.
This is a quick way to gussie-up those little gems and turn them into something fabulous.
- New potatoes - as many as you need for your guests - I usually count on 3 or 4 per person depending on the size.
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- Cook potatoes in a couple of inches of salted water until barely tender.
- Drain water and return pan to heat.
- Add butter to pan and melt, tossing potatoes to coat well.
- Turn heat to medium and sprinkle with sugar.
- Continue to cook, tossing the potatoes in the pan every few minutes until the sugar melts and begins to form a golden brown crust on them.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley if desired.