We are encouraged to eat more fish in our diets and this recipe couldn't be any simpler. This idea was inspired by my friend Eileen. There are no exact amounts, but so easy to do. Adjust the amounts you need to how many servings you are preparing.
- Salmon or Steelhead Trout (Which is my preference this day over Salmon)
- Hoisin Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh citrus of your choice. I have made it with orange, lemon and limes. This photo I used orange and a bit of lemon mixed.
- olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a cast iron or stainless steel frying pan, add a bit of oil to a hot pan. Place the fish skin side down for about 4 minutes.
- Brush the fish with a bit of mustard and hoisin sauce.
- Flip over when the side turn opaque in color about half up the fish.
- At this point the skin is easy to remove.
- Once the skin is removed, brush the other side with mustard and hoisin.
- Cook the other side down for another 3-4 minutes for or until the fish flakes easily. It really doesn't take long.
- Squeeze liberally with fresh orange, lemon or lime.
Serve with a nice Tabbouleh Salad and voila, a nice and healthy supper that takes very little time to prepare.