This is a recipe from the Kellogg's page and the reason I chose to do this recipe is because it's easy and I don't keep bran in my cupboard. We enjoy this cereal and usually have a box of it in the cupboard. All the rest of the ingredients are always in my pantry. There are a few other scratch recipes for bran muffins on our blog if you prefer using your own bran.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk, I used 2%.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellog's Raisin Bran cereal, milk and honey. Let stand 3 minutes or until cereal softens.
4. Add egg and oil. Beat well.
5. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
6. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray, or use muffin paper liners.
7. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.