Pumpkin fields are showing off the color orange these days! I like to freeze fresh pumpkin puree in fall to have it ready to cook with in winter. So many great things you can make with pumpkin.
I never was quite convinced that I could learn to like hummus but I do like this one made with pumpkin. I made my own tahini which is really easy to make.
Serve hummus with vegetables, pita chips, or your favorite crackers. A delicious treat when serving snacks to company.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (540 ml/ 19 oz) chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, add more if you like it hot and spicy.
- In food processor or blender pulse together lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt until smooth, scraping sides occasionally.
- Add chickpeas and olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, cumin, ginger, and hot sauce, pulse until smooth and well blended, scraping sides a couple of times.
- Store in a closed container and refrigerate until time of serving.
- Yield: 2 cups