There was never a wasted apple. Every fall, my father would drive the family sedan to Osoyoos to pick up a load of apples. We first had to eat the McIntosh and Spartans, which lasted till Christmas. After Christmas we could eat the red and yellow delicious apples as they preserved longer. Today I love the Honey Crisp apples and I'm thankful I don't have to wait for any seasonal times.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dices apples
- Peel the apples and dice.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg in a bowl
- Add flour and dry spices to mixture
- Add liquid, apples and raisins and mix well.
- Drop dough onto parchment paper
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees° for 12 minutes.
- Cool on parchment paper for a few minutes and transfer to cookie racks
Take a peek at Bev's muffin apple recipe. This recipe is so delicious and makes a big batch.