- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 cups flour, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 4 Tbsp instant lemon pudding (or vanilla pudding and 1- 2 tsp of lemon jello crystals)
- lemon zest/rind from 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice from one lemon
- In mixing bowl beat sugar and eggs, then beat in the butter and sour cream.
- Add warm water, 1 cup flour and yeast and salt, blending well.
- Continue adding flour, using dough hook attachment or with a strong wooden spoon, until dough can be shaped into a large soft ball.
- Cover and let rise for one hour.
- Prepare filling by mixing all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide dough in half and roll each out to about 10 x 15 inches. Spread rolled out portion with the filling (also divided in half) - about a 3 inch strip along the centre.
- Fold up each long side to overlap over filling, ending with seam on side of top.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheet. Cut slits with scissors or bread knife. Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by bringing to a boil in a saucepan. Stir while boiling for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Spread glaze on warm loaves.