When we have our family gatherings everyone is known for bringing their specialty.
If these things aren't regularly brought to a family potluck gathering, people are wondering,
"HEY WHERE IS THE ......."
Helga with her Taco Salad, Mary with Chinese Fried Rice, Irene and her Potato Salad,
Katie it is Asian Cole Slaw, Patty her fabulous Brownies and down the line it goes for every one, but this time it is ,
Charlene with her.........
Tabbouli Egg Salad
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups chopped mixed fresh veggies (tomato, cucumber,grated carrot and broccoli)
- 1 green onion or 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, mint or parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 tbsp lime juice, fresh with grated lime peel (peel is optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder ( I usually do more and taste as I add and mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan bring broth to a boil and slowly add eggs while whisking. Cook until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and stir in couscous – let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and toss with couscous mixture
- Refrigerate covered.
- To make this a gluten free dish, it can easily be made with 2 cups cooked Rice, or 2 cups of cooked quinoa instead of couscous.