For Flash back Friday Pumpkin Pie is on the menu. This particular recipe for Pumpkin pie comes from my mom. I still have the Libby's can label she peeled off many years ago. It's a family favourite in our home. Each slice gets topped with a large mound of sweetened whipped cream. A perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (I always use the recipe on the Tender flake box for this pie)
- 2 eggs-slightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups pure pumpkin (14 oz or 398ml can)(not ready to eat pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 2/3 cup evaporated milk (370ml can)
- Mix all the above ingredients together.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in 400º oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350º and bake another 45 minutes. Test to see if filling is baked by inserting a thin knife into pie filling. Once it comes out clean the pie is fully baked.
- Cool. Serve with sweetened whipped cream.