- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 cream of chicken soup (10oz)
- 1 cream of mushroom soup (10oz)
- 2 cups water
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Measure rice into bottom of medium size casserole/dish or 9x6 glassware.
- Cut breasts into serving-size pieces slicking through at an angle so that they are not more than 3/4-inch thick.
- Lay chicken pieces over the uncooked rice
- In a small bowl mix soups together and spread this mixture over the chicken.
- Add two cups of water.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix on top
- Add roasted almonds on top for garnish
- Cover with lid and bake for two hours
Remember you can make this yourself Sunday morning, put it in the oven and come home to a wonderful aroma like Mom's been in the kitchen and surprise everyone. Enjoy!