- 2 cans (15oz.) julienne beets (partly drained)
- 2 cans (15oz.) kidney beans (drained well)
- 3/4 - 1 cup sauerkraut (drained and squeezed)
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 3 large kosher dill pickles, diced
- 1/4 onion, grated
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pickle juice from the jarred dill pickles
- Dice potatoes while warm then salt and coat with oil and chill.
- Once the potatoes are chilled add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine, add enough pickle juice to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serves 8-16
Our family prefers using the Clausen Dill Pickles found in the refrigerator section. You will find some versions of this Russian salad using carrots and not kidney beans. This is the version our family has always enjoyed.