- 2 pounds soup bone with meat.
- 8 cups soup stock
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cups beets
- 2 cups carrots diced.
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 1 large onion, cut fine.
- 2 cups tomato juice
- Fresh handful of dill
- Cover soup bones with water and simmer for several hours until meat is tender.
- Add seasonings.
- Remove the bone and shred the meat and add it to the broth.
- Clean, wash, prepare and cut vegetables and add to broth.
- Cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato juice
- Serve with sour cream and add fresh dill.
And we loved nothing more than dipping our bread into our soup. But that was only allowed when we did not have company. Were you allowed to do that?