A simple shortcut for an easy breakfast treat or snack. I used peach jam but any jam will do. Just make sure the jam is on the firmer side otherwise the jam wants to seep out of the edges. No problem if it does seep a little. If you like you can make your own biscuit dough from scratch. Check this blog for biscuit recipes.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits, dough for 10 biscuits
- Peach jam
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Gently separate each biscuit halfway into 2 layers. Spoon approx 1 teaspoon jam into center of each biscuit. Pinch edges to seal.
- Brush each biscuit with melted butter and dip into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. (If you have sugar/cinnamon mixture leftover use it on cinnamon toast:)
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet, bake in 400º oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Yields: 10 jam filled biscuits