I'm sharing a favourite frozen pie with you that is easy to make and can be tucked into your freezer for a hot summer day! I like to make a crunchy granola crust but you can rather use a graham cracker crust.
- 1 1/2 cups granola (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Margarita Cream Filling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups (500 ml) soft cream cheese
- 6-ounce can frozen margarita concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau (orange liqueur) optional
- Zest of one lime, zested
- Combine granola, coconut and melted butter in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form.
- Press crumbs into a 9 inch springform pan or a deep dish pie plate. (with a pie plate you might have enough filling left to make a couple of individual servings in ramekins.)
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff. Set aside 1 cup of whipped cream and place in a pastry bag fitted with a star attachment to decorate the top of the pie.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk and margarita concentrate. Beat together until smooth.
- Slowly beat in whipped cream.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust.
- Pipe whipped cream around the edge of the pie.
- Sprinkle with lime zest, sparkling sugar if desired.
- Freeze until firm, and then cover well with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Yields 8 servings