We've been enjoying this appetizer all summer long. It was a favourite of ours from a local restaurant until they removed it from their menu. It was worth trying to recreate! You can make this recipe smaller or larger to suit your occasion. Just keep the ratio of the ingredients.
- purchased naan bread (sizes vary)
- purchased basil pesto
- 1 cup finely diced sweet white onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced tomato
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- a handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (if fresh leaves are not available I find freeze-dried available in the produce section to be a good substitute)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- purchased reduced Balsamic Glaze
- Arrange naan bread on pizza pans. Regular cookie sheets will work but it is better if air can get underneath the bread to help it crisp in the oven. Toast on one side under broiler.
- Spread pesto over each piece of bread.
- Combine remaining ingredients except Balsamic Vinegar glaze. Spoon topping over pesto.
- Bake in 350 F oven until parmesan melts and bread is heated through.
- Drizzle Balsamic Glaze over the Bruschetta and cut into serving pieces.
- Serve immediately.
This Bruschetta filling works equally as well on slices of toasted Baguette.