Recently our Manitoba family went to Chilliwack to meet with our BC family for a wonderful family reunion. One of the great things about these reunions were the meals shared together. I would like to share another recipe from our vacation made by my cousin Jennifer. She made these awesome Curry Lamb Burgers and I asked if she would share the recipe with us and she happily agreed. Jen, these were awesome, thanks for all the love and food and fun!!
- 1 KG ground lamb (or half beef and half lamb combo as that is what Jen used)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup saltine crackers (or gluten free panko crumbs, which is what Jen used)
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic cloves
- 1-112g jar of Thai Kitchen green curry paste
- 100 g of prepared horseradish
- fresh lime juice (enough to moisten bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt or more if using bread crumbs instead of salted crackers
- 2 teaspoons of cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place crumbs into a bowl and add enough fresh lime juice until all the crumbs are moistened well but not wet with juice sitting at the bottom of the bowl. leave sitting while mixing the remaining ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix all the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Check the crumbs if the crumbs are consistently moist add it to the meat mixture and blend thoroughly.
- This mixture is best if it is refrigerated overnight.
- The next day shape the meat into baseball size patties.
- Let them sit until room temperature.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness.
- Top with Applewood smoked cheddar or smoked gouda cheese.
- Enjoy!! We all did :)