If you love coconut as much as I do you will want to make these delicious bars. A perfect dessert to serve family or company. We have coconut lovers in our family so this will disappear fast.
Adapted from All Recipes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour and icing sugar.
- Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until you have coarse crumbs.
- Press into a 9 x 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350º for 20 minutes until slightly golden in color. Place on cooling rack and allow to cool while making the filling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add coconut milk and eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add flaked coconut and extracts.
- Pour over the crust. Allow to cool to lukewarm, then place in refrigerator and chill for a few hours until firm.
- Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Serves: 9 generous pieces.