Today is our son's birthday! Every year he is so excited to celebrate his special day. One year his home manager brought this salad for his birthday and it's been a favorite of his ever since. His eyes will light up when he sees this bowlful arriving at the party! Actually I find this is more of a dessert but it's called a salad. Fruit can be added if desired. You would add fruit at the same time as the cookies. This recipe is adapted from Kraft's website.
- 4 cups milk
- 2 - large packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 - 1 litre containers of whipped topping
- 2 packages Oreo cookies, chopped in coarse pieces.
- Combine milk and both packages of pudding in a large bowl. Whisk until pudding sets up.
- Stir in whipped topping until well combined.
- Chop cookies into coarse pieces. Put a few chopped cookies aside to decorate the top.
- Fold cookie pieces into the creamed pudding mixture. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Serves: Approx 15 That depends though if my son gets to it first it would serve less:)