This is one of my favorite salads in summer when the cucumbers are freshly picked from the garden. My Mom used to mix a cucumber salad with vinegar, salt, and onions but I prefer them this way.
Another favorite way I like to eat them is to cut the cucumber in half, sprinkle salt on one half of the cucumber and then rub the two halves together. A nice snack indeed!
- 4 - 7" cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Peel cucumbers and cut in 1/8 to 1/4" slices. If using fresh cucumbers you can leave the peel on if so desired.
- Whisk together mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill.
- Pour over cucumbers and mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serves: 5 to 6