Here's a deliciously simple recipe for salmon.
Using chopped rather than grated Parmesan ensures a satisfying crunchy coating.
The dill sauce is optional
- about 2 pounds salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup finely chopped (not grated) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- If using dill sauce, prepare that first and set in refrigerator to blend flavours.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a parchment or foil covered pan.
- Place a piece of parchment paper loosely over salmon and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, dill and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- When the 10 minutes is up, remove salmon from oven.
- Spread the soft butter over the salmon and pat on the herb/cheese mixture.
- Place back in oven and bake uncovered until fish flakes with a fork. This will not be long.
- If you like you can brown the salmon under the broiler for a minute or so but watch it closely!!
- Remove salmon to serving platter, leaving the skin on the baking pan.
Dill sauce (optional):
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- a bit of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until serving time.