I opened my cookbook to check out my chocolate chip cookie options, when I took note of one called, Great Chocolate Cookies but decided to give it a makeover. In reading it, you will probably guess at the changes. When the grands came over after school, and I told them the cookies needed a name, one of them responded with "Chocolicious!" So, hence the name, by a nine-year-old! I like that they come out a little like a brownie bite. These are nut free and great for school box lunch treats.
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup multigrain or whole wheat flour
- 1 pkg (113 g/ 4 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar well, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add combined flour, pudding mix, baking powder, soda and oats; then chocolate chips. (I use a stand mixer with hook attachment for quick, easy stirring)
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets. They do not spread much.
- Bake at 375° F for 8 minutes. Bake slightly longer if you make them larger, but do not overbake. Flatten slightly with spatula as soon as you remove them from the oven. Let cool on sheets. Yield: 48 cookies