I have seen these crisps in a magazine and on pinterest. And I remember trying something like this a long time ago. Now that I've made them again they will be appearing on my menu more often. This hardly is a recipe, it only has 2 ingredients.
You can leave them plain or add pepper or herbs to spice them up a bit. They could also be formed into different shapes. To save time you can spread the parmesan on a pan and when baked and cooled you can break them up in smaller pieces. We really enjoyed them served with a salad. They would be good with tomato soup as well. They look like pretty lace. Your dinner guests will be impressed!
What shape would you form the cheese and what would you serve with them?
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated..I only had shredded parmesan so I threw it in the food processor so the cheese would be finer in texture.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (and/or herbs of your choice)
- Scoop parmesan, approx 1 tablespoon per crisp, and place on a parchment lined pan.
- Spread each mound of parmesan out to a 3 1/2" size round shape, making sure they are at least 1" apart.
- Bake in 400º oven for 3 to 5 minutes until golden. Ovens vary so start checking your crisps at 3 minutes, keep careful watch. Mine were done at 4 minutes.
- Yield: 6 crisps