These potatoes are crispy on the outside and amazingly tender on the inside...a great twist on the classic baked potato. They are the perfect side dish for any meal and easy to prepare.
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes (yellow or white potatoes work best)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (use garlic-infused olive oil for added flavour)
- coarse salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs, minced (chives, rosemary, dill or whatever is growing in your garden)
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water. Reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and cool slightly.
- Place on prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment or foil and brushed with olive oil).
- Gently flatten potatoes with the back of a lifter/spatula or a potato masher.
- Drizzle or brush tops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Roast in a 450° oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve just as they are or top with sour cream and your favorite potato toppings.