Do you like a good coleslaw? We sure do in our family.
This is a bit different take on coleslaw with more fruit, chopped pecans and
a vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup /toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head of a small cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 head of a small red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and finely chopped - we like Ambrosia or Gala
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (I used an apple balsamic)
- pinch of salt
- Toss pecans in a dry frying pan, over medium heat, stirring until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in a glass bowl so the pretty colours show through.
- Mix dressing until emulsified and pour just enough over coleslaw to coat the ingredients.
- Toss to mix.
- Just before serving, add pecans and toss again.