This is a great dessert that is naturally gluten free, so easy to make and so delicious. The crisp crumbs are a great topping for any fruits of your choice.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Apple Cherry Filling
- 3 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet cherries (pitted and quartered)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together crumb topping ingredients in order listed and set aside.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch from the filling ingredient list. Add the fruit and stir to combine until everything is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crumbs at the bottom of a 9 inch pan (square or round).
- Arrange fruit evenly over crumbs and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes, until apple pieces are tender and topping is toasty brown. Cover with foil if necessary during baking if the topping is browned but apple pieces are not quite tender.