As I explained last week when I posted Impossible Taco Pie....'impossible pies' are simply a combination of simple ingredients (usually including Bisquick) which are poured into a pie plate, and then form a magic crust during the baking process. Very easy. And delicious. Today I am posting a sweet version of the impossible pie...and again I am using the biscuit mix recipe featured on this blog.
- 5-6 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced (such as Granny Smith)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 'biscuit mix' (or Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix (or Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place apple slices in greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, baking mix, spices and softened butter in blender. Blend until smooth...about 15 seconds. Pour over apple mixture in pie plate.
- In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.
And that is my 'throwback Thursday' contribution...a recipe from yesteryear!