This is a great weekend breakfast treat. Put it together in 10 minutes and take your shower while it's in the oven. It may just be better than eating out. This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9X13 oven-proof dish.
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 8 inch round or square ceramic dish with cooking spray.
- In saucepan, cook pears with 1 Tbsp of the butter for about 5 minutes, while you prepare the batter.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the rest of the butter (2 Tbsp) with eggs, milk and vanilla, using a whisk.
- Add liquids to combined dry ingredients, stirring well with whisk. (Will be slightly lumpy.)
- Pour into prepared dish. Spoon cooked pears evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup. Serves 3-4