Our favorite recipe to use up the leftover ham from Easter dinner is this really easy and family friendly dish. I've been making this most of my married life and even now with our kids grown and away from home the two of us still enjoy this comforting casserole.
Add a crisp green salad and enjoy!
- 1 small box spaghetti noodles, cooked according to instructions
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 cups diced ham
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups low sodium or unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Panko brand bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray and lay the noodles evenly in the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and add the vegetables and stir over medium heat until the veggies are softened and tender.
- Add the ham.
- Add flour and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add the chicken broth slowly while continuing to stir and then add the cream and heat through.
- Pour mixture evenly over the noodles, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enough Panko crumbs to lightly cover.
- Bake at 350 about 40 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares to serve.
We are celebrating today because it is only one month until our book is published. We are offering you a chance to win a copy of our Celebrations book.
If you haven't had a chance yet to take a peek inside the book...
Amazon is offering you a chance to see inside here.
- Share this post on at least one of the following ... Facebook, Twitter, or on your own blog. If you are not able to share on any of those options, share it with your family and friends!
- Leave a comment here on this post and in your comment, tell us how you shared.
- Contest closes April 4 at 6 pm PST.
- We'll draw one random winner and announce that winner on April 5 at 4 am PST!