These muffins loaded with coconut and lemony goodness is just the right thing to celebrate spring! It is spring although it sure doesn't look or feel like it here! For a more decadent muffin drizzle with lemon glaze while muffins are still warm.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of 2 medium sized lemons, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra coconut for topping
- Cream together softened butter, and sugar. Stir in egg, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, 3/4 cup coconut, baking powder, and salt.
- Add creamed mixture into dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups.
- Top with extra coconut.
- Bake in 375º oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Yields: 12 muffin