If you want kids to eat their veggies, these are a sure fire hit.
- 4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill, or 1 teaspoon of freeze dried dill
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Put the carrots in a pot with about 1/2" of water. Simmer the carrots until tender crisp and all the water is evaporated.
- Stir in the butter, maple syrup and dill.
- Continue simmering until the sauce thickens stirring constantly. This only takes a few minutes and can burn easily if you don't watch it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip - If you don't have Maple Syrup substitute with brown sugar.