When I posted the Whistler Style Tomato soup a week or two ago, I had a number of requests for the recipe of the biscuit pictured with it. It is just a fancied up version of biscuits but for those who asked, here it is:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if desired)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese or 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Make a well and add milk.
- Mix lightly with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead lightly no more than 12 times.
- Roll out to a rectangle approximately 14 inches by 7 inches.
- Spread soft butter and mayonnaise over dough, leaving 1/2 inch along the long edge farthest from you.
- Sprinkle with Basil and garlic powder and cover with Parmesan or grated Cheddar
- Roll up (from the edge closest to you) like you would for cinnamon buns, pinching the long edge closed.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet, placing biscuits quite close together.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12- 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
Note: The biscuit in the top picture is made with Parmesan cheese and the photos below show the Cheddar cheese version.
We are celebrating today because we had the most wonderful surprise in that our book was delivered early. We are offering you a chance to win a copy of our Celebrations book.
If you haven't had a chance yet to take a peek inside the book...Amazon is offering you a chance to see inside here.
- Share this post on at least one of the following ... Facebook, Twitter, or on your own blog. If you are not able to share on any of those options, share it with your family and friends!
- Leave a comment here on this post and in your comment, tell us how you shared.
- Contest closes tonight April 15 at midnight.
- We'll draw one random winner and announce that winner on Wednesday April 17!