This hearty and delicious soup is my friend Erna's recipe, perfect for those cold wintery days that seem to linger on far too long. This soup warms you up from the inside and so satisfying. The rolls in the background are Ham and Cheese buns.
- Half a link of smoked sausage (Farmer Sausage), cut into little chunks
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Saute onions, celery and carrot in the butter until translucent.
- Add the chopped farmer sausage, potatoes, broth, water and seasonings.
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Add the milk and heat through.
Crock Pot option-
- Saute the veggies in the butter, place into crock pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 10-12 hours.
- Stir in the milk at the end and heat through.