Our family loves this salad and it goes so well with meals where I would typically make coleslaw. The dressing is a bit sweet and a bit tangy and it keeps well a few days if you keep the noodles separate from the salad except for the portion you know will be eaten in one day.
- 1 head Savoy Cabbage
- 10 ounce / 284 grams package matchstick carrots (or about 2 cups)
- 2 packages ramen instant noodles (I prefer Sapporo Ichiban)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh garden chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 package ramen noodle seasoning
- Break noodles apart in the package and toast them along with the almonds in a 425 F oven for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to serve. The salad can be dressed ahead of time but do not add the noodles/almonds until just before serving or they will lose their crunch.
Hint ~ To make a meal out of the salad, add some protein such as grilled, sliced chicken.